Today – 12/28/11 – I write my first healthy living blog entry!
A year ago today — I weighed 127 pounds and was in the best shape of my life.*
The past year – between dating a chef – being stressed out at work – reducing my workouts from 5 to 7 times per week to 2 to 3 times per week – celebrating engagements, weddings and babies with friends and family – new hobby of baking — the pounds have creeped back on and….
This morning I weighed 138 pounds…
Over the upcoming months I would like to get back down to my ideal weight of 127 pounds.
I vow to be attempt to be a sweaty mess everyday in 2012….!
Here I go!!!
9:30 – Cardio Madness – class at gym
Included bench jump squats, weighted jumping jacks, squat with shoulder press, planks, push-ups and burpees – each move for 4 minutes – 20 seconds on – 10 seconds rest – not too shabby!!
Steel cut oats with apple, cinnamon and nutmeg
Greek Yogurt with dates and figs
Chocolate Covered Fig
Roasted Vegetable Calzones
Adapted from Supercharged – Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Roasted Vegetable Calzone
1. Chopped eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, butternut squash, red onion, tossed with her dressing – and roasted! = magic*
2. Rolled out pizza dough –
3. Placed roasted veggies on one half
4. Covered in an italian blend grated cheese
5. Baked at 400 for about 25 minutes.
I am on vacation!!!
Things I love about vacation:
1. Not hearing my alarm going off at 5:45
2. Being able to sleep until I want to
3. Working out during the day!!!
4. Going to some of my favorite classes that are during the day at the gym.
5. Being able to make a slow breakfast and sit at the table and enjoy it.
6. Time to organize all of my stuff…
7. Focus and energy to read – instead of falling asleep as soon as I open the page.
8. Seeing friends
9. Seeing family
10. Day trip – adventures!!
What is your favorite thing to do over vacation?